Head of Vessel Operations
The Head of Vessel Operations Denmark will be responsible for the Danish DoC and daily operation of some 20 Semi-ref and Ethylene gas carriers, including overall responsibility of Technical, Marine QA and Marine Standards departments.
The Head of Vessel Operations is also a hands-on role and will manage multiple tasks across departments within Navigator Gas, including supporting the growth strategy of Navigator Gas.
This position reports to the Chief Technical Officer.
- Defining, successfully implementing and continually reviewing the strategy, always supporting the company’s pillars of Safety, Reliability and Efficiency
- Promote our safety culture and actively take part in implementing it onboard and in the office
- Ensuring the Vessel teams deliver to a high standard and consistently achieve their KPIs, fostering a culture of excellent execution across the business and teamwork across all functions and locations
- Managing, leading and developing the team, reducing distance barriers to work as one team with our crew in focus
- An important part of our environmental journey
- Ensuring compliance with the highest standards in the industry
- Ensuring effective operation in respect of technical up-time and vetting performance at a competitive cost level
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders across our fleet and shore environments
- Leading ad-hoc projects to support the business expansion
- 3–5 years of experience in a similar managerial position; heading up the technical operations within the maritime industry will be an advantage
- Proven track record of strategic planning and managing projects within the maritime sector
- Strong experience in managing teams in an international environment
- Previous experience working with audits (internal and external)
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication, including the ability to engage key stakeholders internally and externally at different levels
- Understanding of Technical, Operations and Financial systems
- Project Management – timelines and budget
- Strong analytical & organisational skills
- Experience of mergers and acquisitions is a bonus
Navigator Gas is a shipping company owning and operating the world’s largest fleet of handysize liquefied gas carriers. With our 54 seagoing ships, we provide international seaborne transportation and regional distribution of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), petrochemical gases and ammonia for energy companies, industrial users and commodity traders.
With safety, reliability and efficiency at the forefront of our minds, Navigator Gas is connecting the world today whilst creating a sustainable tomorrow.
Navigator Holdings Ltd. is the owner and operator of the world’s largest fleet of handysize liquefied gas carriers and a global leader in the seaborne transportation services of petrochemical gases, such as ethylene and ethane, liquefied petroleum gas (“LPG”) and ammonia and owns a 50% share, through a joint venture, in an ethylene export marine terminal at Morgan’s Point, Texas on the Houston Ship Channel, USA. On August 4, 2021, Navigator announced that it merged the fleet and business activities of Ultragas ApS with its own, adding an additional 18 vessels to the fleet. The transaction unites two leading gas shipping companies. Navigator’s combined fleet now consists of 54 semi- or fully-refrigerated liquefied gas carriers, 22 of which are ethylene and ethane capable. The Company plays a vital role in the liquefied gas supply chain for energy companies, industrial consumers and commodity traders, with its sophisticated vessels providing an efficient and reliable ‘floating pipeline’ between the parties, connecting the world today, creating a sustainable tomorrow.
History and Financial Growth
Navigator Holdings Ltd. was formed in 1997 for the purpose of building and operating a fleet of five liquefied gas carriers. The Company has grown dramatically over the past ten years and now owns a fleet of 54 vessels and is the dominant global leading in its chosen shipping segment.
The Company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “NVGS.” The Company currently has a market capitalization of approx. $720 million.
Navigator Gas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.